, about 125+ people attended the event and most received tours of the new facility at 3595 Columbus Road.
- What has gone into the construction of the building? This is a 9M investment in the health of the Centerburg community, built with capital funds allocated by the hospital and generous donor support. The facility is poised for growth and expansion as the community’s health and wellness needs become evident and those needs may change over time. We pursued this project because every community needs a strong health care system, just as they need a strong school system, businesses, housing, etc.
- Partnerships: KCH always strives to work with local partners, including the contractors/vendors who were involved in the construction. The general contractor was Equity Construction Solutions, and full listing of contractors/sub-contractors is available and posted in the building.
- What programs and other benefits it will provide to the community?
o Primary Care. While KCH has operated a primary care clinic in Centerburg for many years, the new facility provides more space and state of the art facilities. The new KCH Centerburg Health and Wellness facility will open for patient care on January 23rd. Currently, the following providers are seeing patients in Centerburg: Dr. Shawn Reed, Dr. Rebekah Crawford, and advanced practitioners Amber Morrison and Kody Green.
o Specialty Care. We plan to provide Orthopaedic services, OB/Women’s Health, Pain Management, Podiatry, and possibly Cardiology, along with other specialty care services through a rotating schedule of providers. We will continue to monitor the needs of the community after we’re open and operating, to get their feedback about specific health care services needed.
o The new building also features Outpatient Imaging and a Laboratory for blood work and other tests. Patients can bring in lab orders from any physician’s office, whether affiliated with KCH or not.
o Connections Fitness medical fitness center operates a new location within the Centerburg building, and their opening date is Tuesday, Jan. 17th. Members will enjoy a wide range of exercise classes, access to personal trainers, a therapy pool, and much more. Hours of Connections Fitness:
Monday-Thursday 5:30 am-8:00 pm
Friday 5:30 am-7:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 am-1:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 pm-4:00 pm
o Physical and Occupational Therapy will also be provided here through our Center for Rehab & Wellness; contact the Center for hours of operation. Media inquiries – talking points for Alice or Bruce W. or their designee
- How is all this being staffed? While most staff have relocated to this facility or are being shared between locations, Connections Fitness has added 3 new full-time positions: 2 exercise specialists and 1 membership sales rep. Additional staff may added in the future depending on needs.
- How are we planning to manage the mix of people, from those coming for physical therapy to expectant mothers? The center offers a separate waiting room and entrance for our sick patients, and we will direct patients accordingly to reduce the spread of germs and disease.
· Some had asked if this is to be an Urgent Care? While this is not an Urgent Care Center, we will listen to the community’s feedback regarding a need for episodic patient care, and we may consider walk-in clinic hours in the future if needs are demonstrated. KCH has developed a similar approach in Mount Vernon by establishing walk-in clinic times at the family medicine offices in the Wright Family Medical Pavilion, with success.
· What does KCH plan to do with the former primary care building, up the road? Hospital leadership is still evaluating our needs for this building, and will make a determination in the near future.
Centerburg Mayor Greg Sands commented saying about 125 people have signed up for memberships and that it is now the residents of the village goal to support this local business.