MOUNT VERNON, Ohio – Experience Mount Vernon invites you to Mount Vernon’s Annual Holiday Parade sponsored by Park National Bank this Sunday, November 27th at 2:00pm. The parade will begin on North Main Street and head south around the west side of Public Square and down South Main Street. Parade goers are encouraged to line up on the sidewalks all along both North and South Main Street and to please stay on along the east side of Public Square. Please join us after the parade for Pictures with Santa sponsored by Lewis Clark Insurance. Santa will be available between 3:00-5:00pm in the lower level of the Mount Vernon Grand Hotel.
Main Street will be fully closed north of Chestnut Street for traffic, starting at 12:00pm on Sunday, November 27th and the rest of the parade route will close by 1:00pm traffic. All of Main Street and side streets will open at the conclusion of the parade. Parade goers are encouraged to use public parking lots throughout Downtown and street parking along Gay and Mulberry Streets. Residents and patrons are asked to remove their vehicles from Main Street by 12pm on Sunday, November 27th as personal vehicles will not be accessible from 12:00pm-3:00pm.
Experience Mount Vernon would like to extend a huge thank your to all of our Winter in Downtown sponsors for their contributions that helped make all of our festivities possible:
- Park National Bank for sponsoring the annual holiday parade, a parade award, and the gingerbread house on Public Square;
- Knox Community Hospital for sponsoring the 2022 Gingerbread Forest;
- Knox County Schools Building Trades Department: Cutting and assembling the Gingerbread cookies;
- Open Road Renewables for helping us light up Public Square;;
- Habitat for Humanity for building the gingerbread house and allowing us to be part of their Playhouse Project
- Lewis Clark Insurance for sponsoring Pictures with Santa;
- Procore Health Brokers and The Lifeline WNZR for sponsoring the Festival of Lights Competition;
- All of the parade award sponsors:
- Wendy’s of Mount Vernon
- Open Road Renewables
- Holmes Rental and Sales
- The Lifeline – WNZR
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University Athletics
- Griffin Insurance
- The Grand Hotel
- McDaniel CPA
- Volunteers from the Centerburg Girl Scout Troop 7155;
- Volunteers from The Teen Advisory Council (TAC);
- Volunteers from the Mount Vernon Developmental Center;
- The City of Mount Vernon;
- All of our downtown merchants for being great downtown hosts to the greater Mount Vernon Community!
To learn more about the Winter in Downtown events visit www.experiencemv.org or find us on Facebook at Experience Mount Vernon.