Add to Calendar
September 17, 2021 @ 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Canal Market District
Enter YOUR best cookies into Canal Market District’s first ever COOKIE BAKING CONTEST! Judging will take place on Friday, September 17 during the regularly scheduled Farmers’ Market. Pre-entry is required and must be received no later than close of the farmers market on Friday, September 10. Here’s how it works:
1) There are THREE cookie categories:
– “The Market Feature” – the cookie MUST contain an item from the CMD farmers market (fruit, vegetable, syrup, jam, candy, etc)
– “Crazy Cookie” – bake us your most unique cookie
– “Chocolate Chip” – the classic
2) Contestants can enter only one category, two categories, or all three. Contestants are limited to three cookie submissions total.
3) One dozen cookies of each category will be delivered to the CMD pavilion the day of the contest. Half a dozen will be used for judging and a cookie eating contest while the second half dozen will be raffled off and funds will go to support the work of Canal Market District.
4) Prizes will be awarded to the first, second and third place overall. There will also be a special “kids baking” award to the best cookie from a baker under the age of 15.
If you aren’t into baking, we still have you covered! On Friday, Sept 17 we will hold a raffle to purchase cookies entered in the contest, AND we will be holding a COOKIE EATING CONTEST. Signups coming soon!
To enter your cookie creations, go here: https://www.canalmarketdistrict.org/events/cookies2021
REGISTRATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY 7PM ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2021